- Di Lupinski who got right behind Dave Leckers at the start of the Keirin final.
- Thumping Matt Sillence, the only one who is actually built like a track rider, torturing his track bike down the back straight in an attempt to take a 500m flyer in the first keirin heat. I’m tipping that when Matt starts to explore bigger gears, he will leave a few behind.
- Harrison Alcock for asking permission to attack the motorbike at the start of the junior motor paced event. Very good manners Harrison, thank you. An aggressive Alcock. On a track bike. Could be one to watch.
To the Race Results:
- Junior 2 lap Scratch: 1st Anton Lupinski, 2nd Will Silence, 3rd Sam Wall, 4th Ben Wall
- 6 Lap Div 2 Scratch: Joel Barker, Dave Leckenby, Steve Sloane, Matt Sillence
- 6 Lap Div 1 Scratch: Shaun Cameron, Troy Hardaker, Richard Berends
- 2 Lap Junior Handicap: 1st Harrison off 180m, 2nd Sam off 70m, and 3rd Anton off scratch.
- 3 Lap Div 2 Handicap: 1st Will Butcherine off 110m, just edging over 2nd Matt Sillence off 70m, and 3rd Dave Leckenby making up plenty of ground from 20m.
- 3 Lap Senior B Handicap: 1st Richard Berends 60m, working well with 2nd Luke Alcock off 80m, to keep the kids at bay with 3rd Shaun off 40m.
- Junior Motor Paced 4 lap: 1st Anton, 2nd Will, 3rd Ben, 4th Sam, with Harrison unable to attack the bike with enough firepower, this week.
- Senior Keirin: top two from each heat through to final:
Heat 1: 1st Dave Leckers, 2nd Joel, despite having to ride outside the paceline for much of the race, 3rd Steve, 4th Matt Sillence just hanging on after his flying 500m on a junior gear.
Heat 2: Ethan Berends leading from the front, Troy, Josh, Shaun
Final: 1st Troy, 2nd Shaun, 3rd Ethan
Consolation: Richard Berends embarrassing the opposition aboard Billy’s bike, Matt V, Luke Alcock
- 2 Lap Handicap: one for the front markers with 1st Harrison off 180m, 2nd Ben off 60m, 3rd Sam off 70m,
- Italian Pursuit: A dead heat, with all riders giving it 100% from top to tail, which is great to see.
Don’t forget the track camp is on this weekend with special guest Sean Eadie, NSW track coach, and a man who knows how to make facial hair look scary. With that, track racing moves back to its regular Saturday night timeslot and crits make a return this Monday with daylight savings. I hope you have your speed legs ready, it’s going to be a fast summer at Toormy.