The presence of the speedsters Liam and Numa Warburton, Alex Beedie & Nathan Hardaker along with Grafton’s Zac McKenzie and Armidale’s Sam Jenner plus the galloping Tasmanian Chris Jahnz guaranteed fast and action packed Open races.
Thanks must go to the race director/handicapping team of Sue Cameron and Tracee Hardaker for their expert handicapping and pursuit team selection. Many thanks also to Geoff Hardaker for setting up and motor pacing duties.
1. Junior Group 1 Two Lap Scratch: 1st Anton Lupinski, 2nd Zoe McDonald, 3rd Layla McDonald
2. Junior Group 2 Four Lap Scratch: 1st Troy Hardaker, 2nd Ethan Berends, 3rd Shaun Cameron
3. Open 6 Lap Scratch: 1st Nathan Hardaker, 2nd Sam Jenner, 3rd Chris Jahnz, 4th Zac McKenzie
4. Masters 6 Lap Scratch: 1st Richard Berends, 2nd Alistair Lane, 3rd Matt Vagg, 4th Adrien Thompson, 5th Garry Cameron
5. Junior Gp 1 Three Lap Handicap: 1st Anton Lupinski off scratch, 2nd Zoe McDonald 50m, 3rd Layla McDonald 300m
6. Junior Gp 2 Three Lap Handicap: 1st Shaun Cameron 80m, 2nd Troy Hardaker scratch, 3rd Ethan Berends 30m.
7. Open Four Lap Handicap: 1st Matt Vagg 50m, 2nd Alistair Lane 60m, 3rd Richard Berends, 4th Chris Jahnz 15m
8. Junior Gp 1 Three Lap Handicap: 1st Layla McDonald 330m, 2nd Zoe McDonald 70m, 3rd Anton Lupinski scratch
9. Junior Gp 2 Three Lap Handicap: 1st Ethan Berends 45m, 2nd Troy Hardaker scratch, 3rd. Shaun Cameron 65m
10. Open Four Lap Handicap: 1st Matt Vagg 50m, 2nd Alistair Lane 60m, 3rd Richard Berends, 4th Chris Jahnz 15m
11. Junior Gp 1 Match Sprint: 1st Anton Lupinski, 2nd Zoe McDonald
12. Open Elimination: 1st Nathan Hardaker, 2nd Numa Warburton, 3rd Liam Warburton. Minor placings: Alistair, Garry, Sam, Chris, Alex, Adrien, Matt, Zac, Richard.
13. Italian Pursuit: Winning Team – Layla McDonald, Shaun Cameron, Ethan Berends, Adrien Thompson, Chris Jahnz, Liam Warburton & Sam Jenner.
14. Open Motor Paced 40 Lap: 1st Nathan Hardaker, 2nd Numa Warburton, 3rd Richard Berends
Track racing is open to all UCI/CA licence holders regardless of age or experience. Racing kicks off at 6pm every Friday night at the cycling complex at Toormina. Do you have a need for speed? Trying to get fit? Do yourself a favour and get on Track. Tuesday night training, juniors from 4.30pm and seniors from 5.30pm. Qualified coaches are at the track on Tuesday night to sort you out. Don’t have a track bike? No worries, the club has a couple of spare bikes that you can use.