Each round attracts approximately 100 riders and it is a friendly environment with some good tight racing. If you are new to mountain biking we would encourage you to participate in some local club races before entering a GNaTPACK race.
Round 1 of the 2012 GNaTPACK MTB series will be hosted by the Coffs Harbour Cycle Club at its Cows with Guns course at Bonville. It will be a Cross Country race format on a 8.5km course consisting predominantly of fast, flowing single track with no big hills.
· Entry cost is $20 for adults and $10 for juniors (U15 & U19). If you do not have an MTBA race licence, you must purchase a $20.00 day rider permit.
· Collect race plates from the timing tent between 8.30am and 9.30am on race day – please have your MTBA licence or print out from MTBA website with you.
· Race briefing at 9.45am at the timing tent – compulsory for all riders to attend. You will then be placed in groups for wave starts· Race starts at 10am sharp.
There will be a Dirtmasters race for kids aged 5 - 12 yrs. Free for any kids with an MTBA licence or $5 day permit for others. Sign on from 8.30am for a 9.15am start.
· First Aid will be provided by the good folk from the S.E.S. Parking is provided at the cost of a gold coin donation (or greater J) to the S.E.S. – you must obey directions from the SES when parking. Alternatively, park at Sid Burke rest area on Pine Creek Way and ride in the 1.8km to the trails.
· BBQ lunch and cold drinks will be available after the race with all proceeds going to the Bonville Public School P&C.
Directions to Cows with Guns are:
- From Coffs Harbour, ravel south along the Pacific Highway to the interchange with Archville Station road Bonville.
- Turn right off the interchange and travel on Archville station rd for approx 200m. Turn left onto Pine Creek Way (south) and follow it for 1.5 kms to Sid Burke Forest Park.
- Turn right off Pine Creek way and follow Hunters Road (look for the dirt road behind the high mound) for 1.8km. Turn right here onto Ross trail which is signposted with "Cows with Guns".
- The trail head is 50m down Ross trail